Combat Climate Change for Local Self-Reliance
Aldous Huxley wrote, “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
When it comes to mitigating the global warming ecocide emergency, the facts are undeniable. The Democrats accept the facts; the Republicans deny the facts; and both ignore the facts.
On December 10, 1985 Minnesota Senator Dave Durenberger, chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, acknowledged being aware of the greenhouse effect in 1979, his first year in the Senate. https://www.c-span.org/video/?125856-1/greenhouse-effect
Minnesota’s leaders understood this issue before President Ronald Reagan removed President Jimmy Carter’s solar panels from the roof of the Whitehouse and criminally neglected this issue for forty-three years. FORTY-THREE YEARS!
This is a damning indictment of criminal malfeasance and an abdication of leadership by ruling parties. How can you NOT KNOW that voting for the do-nothing ruling parties is WASTING YOUR VOTE? They need to be overthrown and immediately replaced by people who will address this emergency boldly.
Instead of behaving like self-reliant independent adults, Republicans and Democrats are children who prefer weakness and dependence on the oil baby bottle. All I have to say to them is “Grow up!”
If the ruling class cared, then we’d already be reducing emissions at a World War II mobilization level. In my view, condemning our children, grandchildren, and future generations to suffer in climate hell, for the profits of the few, is not an option. I will not walk silently into the night.
This alarming crisis can only be averted by bold and prompt government action. We cannot wait for carbon-tax incentives or the marketplace to lower the cost of renewables and storage. This can only be achieved by a series of mandates.
Constructing a renewable infrastructure is not a sacrifice; it is an investment that will pay for itself in local self-reliance; keep our energy dollars in Minnesota; create thousands of good paying jobs; energy savings; lower energy prices; and better health.
It may seem like achieving a political miracle, but we have no other choice. In fact, it doesn’t take a miracle if we all come together to address our common interests. When we do, there is nothing we cannot achieve.
Draft Mandates to End the Ecocide
- All new electrical power generation shall be renewable and storable.
- The State shall give priority and funding to the construction of publicly owned municipal electric generation to reduce electric bills.
- Within 10-years all electrical power generation and distribution shall be emissions free. Providers of private electrical generation and distribution shall submit plans for zero emissions within 2-years. The State shall provide government loan guarantees as necessary to meet these goals.
- The State shall submit plans for licensing and construction of local area pyrolytic synthetic gasification (SynGas) plants where farm produced carbon feedstocks can be delivered, purchased and stored to produce a suitable substitute for natural gas and piped to former oil refineries for the production of gasoline, diesel, kerosene, ammonia and other chemical needs. The State shall give priority to the construction of publicly owned local area gasification plants and provide loan guarantees. The State shall license private gasification plants and provide loan guarantees as necessary to meet the State’s needs. The State shall also license PUROX Solid Refuse Gasification Plants based on Patent US3729298 by John E. Anderson.
- Within 10 years only carbon neutral fuels shall be licensed to be sold within the state. Private and Public Natural Gas Suppliers, Pipeline owners and Oil Refineries shall develop coordinated plans within 2-years for carbon neutral products.
- The State shall set insulation efficiency standards for new architecture and existing dwellings and retrofitted with either cold-climate ground-source heat pumps or cold climate air source heat pumps and provide loan guarantees and grants to meet that goal. No dwelling may be sold until it meets the new efficiency standards.
- Within 10 years only Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV’s) shall be licensed to operate within the state. Manufacturers of transportation vehicles and producers of internal combustion engines shall submit plans for zero emissions within 2-years.The State shall provide waivers for certain new internal combustion vehicles, like motorcycles, and all legacy internal combustion vehicles, farm machinery, generators and small-engine machinery.
- Within 10 years only new zero emission trains and waterway shipping shall be licensed to operate within the state. Rail and waterway shipping companies shall submit plans to the State within 2-years. The State shall provide loan guarantees to meet these goals. All legacy trains and freight shipping shall purchase only licensed fuels within the state.
- Within 10 years only new zero emission aircraft shall be licensed to operate within the state. Airlines and aircraft manufacturers shall submit plans to the State within 2-years. The State shall provide loan guarantees to meet these goals. All legacy aircraft shall purchase only licensed fuels within the state.
- Within 10 years only zero emissions mining and metal manufacturing shall be licensed to operate within the state. Mining and metal manufacturers shall submit plans to the State within 2-years. The State shall provide loan guarantees to meet these goals. Appropriate taxes shall be applied to protect state producers from importation outside the state from manufacturers who do not provide emissions-free products.
- Within 10 years only zero emissions cement manufacturers shall be licensed to operate with the state. Manufacturers of cementitious materials shall submit plans to the State within 2-years. The State shall provide loan guarantees to meet these goals. (See http://www.blueplanet-ltd.com/ carbon capture and mineralization and https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jnm/2015/581785/ Nickel Nanoparticles for Enhancing Carbon Capture)
- The State shall provide farmers with information on the best practices for agricultural & livestock carbon sequestration and assist them with meeting these goals. The State shall provide government loan guarantees and/or grants as necessary to meet these goals.
- The State shall monetize renewable energy infrastructure through the regulation of State Chartered Banks in lieu of bonding or taxation. Each project shall be reviewed and paid for in a similar manner to current transportation infrastructure projects. (See Take Back the Money Power)
The State shall impose fines and penalties for violations, fraud, and failure to meet timely goals, use of unlicensed fossil fuels and other standards. A strict appeals process shall be set forth for failures to meet target deadlines and other unforeseeable obstacles.